51. Hunger is the best sauce.
Meaning: The wonderful fact is that when you are hungry then every food you eat is tasty.
52. Pour oil on troubled waters.
Meaning: When one is angry then try to pacify him.
53. While grass grows, the steed starves.
Meaning: In spite of abundance, many people do not get there share.
54. Turn the other cheek.
Meaning: Have a look at all the sides.
55. After the storm comes the calm.
Meaning: After violence or fight, there is quietness or silence.
56. Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Meaning: To be clean is next to being ‘spiritual’.
57. An early bird catches worm.
Meaning: One who is early gets the opportunity or fruits of his work.
58. God helps those who help themselves.
Meaning: One who does hard work is helped from all the sides.
59. It never rains but it pours.
Meaning: Calamities never come in small.
60. Man proposes and God disposes.
Meaning: It’s man’s job to work hard and try and leave the rest to THE CREATOR.
61. One cannot pump ocean out.
Meaning: We can’t do something which is above our capacity.
62. Spare the rod and spoil the child.
Meaning: its essential punish a child for his repeated mistakes. We should not ignore it as it will spoil the child.
63. Time and tide wait for none.
Meaning: One must grab the opportunity when it comes on time.
64. When there is smoke there is fire.
Meaning: If something has happened then there must be a reason.
65. All rod lead to Rome.
Meaning: Every hard work reaches the same place, that is, Success.
66. between the devil and the deep sea.
Meaning: Between two major dangers.
67. A cat has nine lives.
Meaning: It is difficult to destroy major things.
Meaning: One who makes noise does not act.
69. Don’t make pig of yourself.
Meaning: Don’t be greedy and miser.
70. Good wine need no bush.
Meaning: A thing of excellence needs no praise.
71. People who live in glasshouses should not throw stones at others.
Meaning: People who themselves commit mistakes and bad deed should not criticize others for the same things.
72. The wearer knows where the shoe pinches.
Meaning: The sufferer is the only person who is aware of intensities and pain of the troubles.
73. Still water runs deep.
Meaning: Man who speaks less or is of few words has great thoughts and intelligence.
74. Slow and steady wins the race.
Meaning: By working patiently and consistently, one can achieve success.
75. Putting the cart before the horse.
Meaning: Things are arranged in unordered way.
76. It is easier said than done.
Meaning: It is very simple to open the mouth and say big things than to perform it.
77. To err is human.
Meaning: It’s natural human behavior to make mistakes.
78. A bird is hand is better than two in bush.
Meaning: Little you have is more precious than you don’t possess.
79. There is a small choice between rotten apples.
Meaning: Options are less for bad people or things.
80. A thunder storm often makes milk sour.
Meaning: Unhappiness or abnormal situation destroys the calmness.
81. Penny wise and pound foolish.
Meaning: Taking care of small things while neglecting major things.
82. Prevention is better than cure.
Meaning: We must always take precautions and prevent our-self from problems or diseases rather than getting infected from it and then looking for cure.
83. Old is gold.
Meaning: Ancient things are precious. Or old people are more experienced and have greater knowledge than younger ones.
84. Out of two evils choose the less.
Meaning: Between two harms always go for the lesser harm.
85. It is an ill wind that blows nobody good.
Meaning: Few calamities are harmful to all the people.
86. Jack of all trades but master of none.
Meaning: One who knows many things but he is not expert in any of the things.
87. Empty mind is devil’s workshop.
Meaning: Person who has no work will always create problems.
88. Early to bed and early to rise make a man healthy and wise.
Meaning: Good habits make people healthy.
89. Don’t jump out of the frying pan into the fire.
Meaning: Don’t get out of one trouble into one another which is worse.
90. Blood is thicker than water.
Meaning: Blood relations are closer than friends.
91. Giving to poor is lending to GOD.
Meaning: Helping the poor is the best act in the way of GOD.
92. Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched.
Meaning: Never expect big things before you get them.
93. Borrowed garments never fit well.
Meaning: One cannot prosper on others’ resources.
94. At Rome, we must do as Roman.
Meaning: We must behave according to place and situation.
95. Bird of same feather flock together.
Meaning: People of common interest always unite together.
96. Discretion is better part of valor.
Meaning: In act of bravery, practical wisdom is a necessity.
97. Many a flower is born to blush unseen.
Meaning: Many unlucky people come to this world and also pass away without getting opportunity to show their merit.
98. He laughs best who laughs last.
Meaning: He who succeeds ultimately is the happiest.
99. Little strokes fell great oaks.
Meaning: Small power is capable of harming super power.
100. Nothing succeeds like success.
Meaning: Success always shines the most and is at the top.